Sunday, July 10, 2011

Letternet, LetterMag and DeutschePost

The LetterMag Post seemed to have a lot of feedback. Generally, people have been searching the web to find previous issues and any information about this penpal magazine, but encountered two problems: either there wasn't any working links or the links that they discovered were only in German.
I will try to bring things to prospective (as far as I know them). By the time that the LetterMag was released, Deutsche Post (German Post Service) had undertaken this project to keep the art of penpalling and correspondence alive. You could sign up with email, but the correspondence was strictly snail mail. It was a win-win situation for both Deutsche Post who marked increase in the use of their service and of course for all of the penpals who got to have a free and totally new paper magazine, called LetterMag.
 Letternet is advertised as the world's largest penpal club.When you "arrive" at their website you can look through their news and updates. However, for all of the features to become available to you, you will need to register.You fill out their application and in a couple of days you will receive the activation code in your snail mail. You can read in the FAQ questions that "Letternet is both an online magazine and a network of pen pals, so Lettermag was discontinued when Letternet was created."
And there you have it - the connection between Letternet, Lettermag and Deutsche Post and why the search engines are giving the same search results. I will try to get a hold of the new online magazine of Letternet and I will be back with a review real soon!

9 comments:

  1. Well, I can't find that online magazine. I don't think there really is one! All I can find is a search to get penpals from Germany. I'll find my copies of LetterMag and scan them for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. www.letternet.de
      Visit this. I have being a member since 2007. Thank you letternet for giving me the best pen pal ever!!!!

      Kivi

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Eunice! I really appriciate it that you will send the scans to me, so I can show them to others.

    As for the online magazine - I registered, just to find out that there isn't a digital magazine! :( Grr.. I guess that we can rely on the SandbookNet Team for their penpal magazine which is free and rumor has it that they are really thinking of keeping it going for as long as there is interest for theirs. Have you read their magazine? What do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everybody,

    So if i understand, there is no Lettermag for free??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lettermag is not released anymore. Another free magazine is the SandbookNet one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good afternoon , I would like to receive a penpal magazin
    BEGGA AMED BP 20 TER TAZMALT 06006 W-BEJAIA - ALGERIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will like to receive penpal magazin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a member of the letternet since 2007. but I didn't receive the LetterMag since 2009!!!!! did you guys forget about Sri Lankan members???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi iam. Ahmed from morocco. My adress. 22 zen9at 11 derb wald lmaalem abdessalam roumani khouribga morocco.iwill like to receve a letter from penpal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...